1. Drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses a day), limit caffeinated beverages and diet soda. NO fruit juices. If you really want this to work, don't drink diet sodas, and start to lessen the amount of artificial sweetener you use to sweeten things.
2. Take a multi-vitamin twice a day (over-the-counter is fine).
3. Eliminate ALL white foods: Pasta, Potatoes, Rice, Milk, Bread, Sugar, Ice Cream, and Flour. If you've got to have a burrito, Low Carb Tortillas made by LaTortilla Factory (Jensen's and Trader Joe's). Don't be fooled by "high protein, no fat" claims on other tortilla's...they're still high carb!
4. Eat 4-5 small meals a day (instead of 3 bigger meals).
5. Eat a portion of protein the size of the palm of your hand and a complex carbohydrate with each meal (i.e. grass fed beef or fish and a salad).
6. Good sources of complex carbohydrates: Romaine lettuce, arugula, spinach and all vegetables except carrots, corn, peas, tomatoes and beets. Cauliflower is the only white vegetable you can eat.
7. Good sources of protein: Shellfish, fish, eggs, meat, and nuts. Nothing deep fried or breaded.
8. Good sources of dietary fat: Use extra-virgin olive oil and flaxseed oil. You will get dietary fats from nuts (raw almonds, raw walnuts, low salt dry roasted peanuts), grass fed meat, fish (wild salmon) and dairy products.
9. No fruit for the first 2 weeks then you may add 1-2 servings per day unless you are a diabetic, but no bananas and melons. Use primarily berries and citrus.
10. No American Dairy. Except for cream cheese, heavy cream and sour cream. All other dair should come from France or Italy.